Are you facing issues in a withdrawal of your EPF due to Employer signature? Wondering if there is a way to withdraw EPF without employer signature? Yes! There is a way. You can now withdraw your EPF without a need of employer signature. There could be many issues like a company being closed, employer negligence to respond to the employee’s PF form on withdrawal etc due to which you may not get your EPF at hand. If you want to get your EPF without visiting your employer then you can absolutely get it. Late last year, EPFO has launched a new rule named ‘New EPF Withdrawal Forms’, which are called as Form 19 UAN, Form 10 C UAN and form 31 UAN using which employee can withdraw EPF without the employer signature.
There are few rules of EPF withdrawal you need to know first before you reach the age of 57.
Rules of EPF Withdrawal
- An employee can withdraw his/her Employee Provident Fund amount if he/she have completed more than two months of service. There is relaxation in this if the employee satisfies certain conditions.
- An employee can withdraw EPF amount if his/she failed to get a job in the two months timeframe after resignation.
- An employee can’t withdraw 100% of the EPF corpus. The contribution of the employer towards the employee and EPF interest will be credited to the PF account until the employee reaches retirement age i.e., 58 years.
- An employee can also withdraw some amount of PF partially in a certain situation.
- The employer should send the attested form of EPF withdrawal within one week of submission.
- If the employee withdraws PF before 5 years of continuous service, the PF amount would fall under tax payment.
There are many cases when the employer goes against the law and worries the employee when it comes to a withdrawal of EPF. This is quite commonly faced the problem by most of the employees. Now, with the introduction of a new rule, employees need to fret anymore. There is no need of the employer’s signature anymore to withdraw the EPF. An employee can now withdraw his EPF without the need of a signature of Employer. See how it happens.
Get PF Without Employer Signature
Keeping in mind the problems being faced by many of the employees while withdrawing their respective EPF amounts, EPFO has come up with a new rule which states that there is no need to get the signature of the employer to withdraw the EPF amount. To ease this issue, at first EPFO has introduced online PF transfer option, which went very well. Later, it popped up with a universal account number which eased the EPF transfer and balance check process. Now, its new rule that does not need the employer signature anymore made it quite easy for the employees.
Online PF Transfer and Universal Account Number
EPF Withdrawal with Adhaar Number
The withdrawal of EPF with the Adhaar number is quite easy. Now EPFO has introduced the Adhaar linked EPF withdrawal. This type of EPF withdrawal does not need any authentication, which slashes the need for the employer. In order to get this process done, you must satisfy certain conditions.
- You should have the UAN, which is allotted by EPFO. You can easily generate UAN online and can check the status of it.
- Your bank account and Adhaar number should be given into UAN database.
- The Adhaar number should have been verified by the employer.
By following this process to withdraw EPF does not require any info regarding the identity of the employee and KYC details. The identity is identified with the help of Adhaar details by EPFO and it will credit the money into the account authenticated by the employer. The employers will be asked to verify the bank details and Adhaar number while the employee is in service.
Steps to EPF Withdrawal
We have listed out some simple steps on how to do EPF withdrawal. Read on!
- Download the EPF withdrawal form. A new form has been introduced by EPFO which is different from regular From 19, From 10C and Form 31 and relatively has less number of fields to fill in.
- Fill in the details in the specified fields that read a mobile number, name, UAN, Address, Date of leaving, a reason for leaving, and PAN.
- To withdraw the EPF amount alone, you should fill in ‘Form 19 UAN’.
- To withdraw the pension benefit under EPS, you should fill ‘Form 10 C UAN’.
- Attach a canceled cheque along with these forms.
- Recheck the form for any mistakes and submit the form along with a canceled cheque to the regional EPF office.
EPFO will compare the bank account number of canceled cheque with the number mentioned in UAN database. In order to get the PF money deposited into the bank account successfully, the two numbers need to match. All the other details also need to be in sync with the details in UAN database.
It is heard that the EPF apps will make its way soon and which help ease the withdrawal of EPF balance without any intervention of the employer.
EPF Withdrawal without Adhaar Number
Those who are not eligible to use the above method can make use of this method to withdraw their EPF without employer’s signature. The employee needs to verify his/her identity in this method. The employer has no role to verify in this method and so employee needs to attest his/her EPF withdrawal form from other reliable officials. They are:
- Bank Manager.
- Gazetted Officer.
- Member of the Central Board of Trustees/Committee/Regional Committee (EPFO).
- Magistrate/Post/Sub Post Master/President of Village Panchayat/Notary Public.
An employee can use the attestation from any of the above-mentioned officials, but mostly bank manager is preferable. Also, he needs to be the manager of the same bank in which you have your account.
Employees who use this method need to withdraw their EPF without employer signature need to take signature and stamp on each page of the application. EPFO does not allow this process as most of the times fraud cases come into light. Attach the needy documents like identity proof, address proof, service proof etc to avoid any unexpected situations.