The Government has introduced a new process of linking Aadhaar Card to your Income Tax Return. You can verify your Income Tax Return using Aadhaar Card from the official web portal. In this tutorial, we have come up with a detailed guide to verify income tax return using Aadhaar Card via online. Check it out!
Steps to link Aadhaar Card to Income Tax Return
Here is a detailed step by step procedure that helps the tax payers link Aadhaar Card to the income tax return via online mode:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of income tax department.
- Upon logging onto the website, a popup window appears on the screen that says link Aadhaar Card to your e-filing account.
- You need to provide your PAN Card information and enter the Aadhaar Card Number.
- Ensure that you provide valid details of PAN Card and Aadhaar Number. Just hit the Save button.
- After the validation process, your Aadhaar Card Number successfully links to your PAN Card.
- After the validation of Aadhaar Card Number, you need to enter the OTP (One Time Password) sent to your registered mobile number along with Aadhaar.
- Just click on the submit button for the further process of verification.
- Note: The Aadhaar OTP sent to your registered mobile number is valid only for ten minutes.
- You can now download the acknowledgment document.
- That’s it! You have successfully linked your Aadhaar Card to your Income Tax Return.
How to verify your income tax return using EVC Online?
The department of income tax has issued a circular saying that the tax payers can make use of EVC in order to verify the income tax return online. Electronic Verification Code is the Acronym of EVC. At the time of linking Aadhaar Card to your income tax return, a unique ten digit number generates called EVC quite similar to the PAN Card Number. This EVC is valid only for 72 hours. Here are the simple steps to verify your Income Tax Return using Electronic Verification Code:
- First of all, you need to log on to the official web portal of e-filing.
- There are two different ways to receive the EVC Code.
- One way is to get the EVC Code through your net banking account. The other way is to get it to your registered mobile number or e-mail address.
- In order to receive EVC to your mobile or e-mail, just navigate to the e-file tab and click on the option ‘Generate EVC’.
- Once you receive the EVC to your mobile or e-mail address just fill it in the provided field.
- You can now click on the e-verify return under the tab of e-file. There, you will have 4 options:
- I already have an EVC and I would like to Submit EVC.
- I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate an EVC.
- I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-Verify my return.
- I would like to e-Verify later/ I would like to send ITR-V.
- You need to pick the first option and enter EVC in the provided field and click on the submit button.
- You can now download the acknowledgement document online. That’s it!