What to do When Your PAN Card is Damaged
PAN card is an ever mandatory document to conduct financial transactions of high limit. Have you ever wondered what happens if the PAN card is damaged? If so, you will get the answer for it in our article. Read on! Permanent Account Number shortly called as PAN is a very important card to make financial transactions above a certain limit. It is mainly used to claim income tax returns and also used by many as an identity proof. If the card damages due to any reason, without any worry you can get a reprint or even a new PAN card in its place.
Below we have listed out simple steps on how to get a new PAN Card if your card is damaged.
- Go to the official web portal of NSDL-https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html.
- Read all the instructions and guideline carefully.
- Now come down to the page and you will see the option saying ‘Select the Category of the Applicant’ to apply for the reprint of your PAN card.
- Now, select the Category of Applicant from the drop-down menu and select the related option.
- Now fill the application form without any mistakes and submit it by paying a fee of Rs. 107/-. You can either pay online through Net Banking or can make demand draft or Cheque. The demand draft or Cheque should be paid in favor of ‘NSDL-PLAN’ payable at Mumbai.
- Fill the all the details including the slot where the PAN number is asked. If you want to receive paperless PAN application then you can click on YES for a digital signature and in contrast if you want a receive hard copy of PAN application from a click on NO.
- On successful completion of the steps, you will receive a 16-digit acknowledgment number which you need to make a printout of.
- Attest two recent passport size photographs and put your signature in the specified box.
- Enfold all the required documents, Demand Draft/Cheque in case not paid online, self-attested documents, acknowledgment form in an envelope.
- On top of the envelope jot down ‘Application for PAN Change Request –Acknowledgement Number.’
- Post the envelope to the below address:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
- Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
- The envelope will be received by NSDL within 15 days and your application will be processed immediately after which you will receive an email to your ID.
- That’s it! Your new PAN card has been applied. You can track the status of your PAN card from the official website of NSDL.