Know Your TAN Application Status Online: If you have submitted your application for TAN, you must know that it would usually take about 20 to 30 days to get it. Sometimes, it may be delayed too. If you want your TAN then you can check the status through online. By using the status facility you can know the TAN application status. The Income Tax Department is providing the TAN and PAN holders with simple online facilities. If you are new to use this status checking feature of TAN then you can know how to do it from our page.
TAN is a tax deduction and collection account number that is 10-digit long. It consists of alphanumeric code and the taxpayers or firms who deduct TDS should have it. All the individuals and firms who are liable to deduct TDS should have the TAN number. It is to be quoted while filing certain documents. Individuals can check the TAN status using their date of birth or acknowledgment number. We have covered in this article how to check TAN application status online and how to apply online for TAN number.
www.tin.tin.nsdl.com How to check TAN Application Status Online ?
- Go to the official portal of TIN NSDL i.e., https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/StatusTrack.html
- Select the application type as ‘TAN’.
- Enter your acknowledgment number (acknowledgment number 15 digits long and is issued to all the applicants of TAN and PAN).
- Input your complete name.
- If you have applied for TAN as non-individual, enter the name only in Last name or surname field.
- Select the date of birth or date of partnership deed. Or select the date of incorporate if it is for a company.
- Click the ‘submit’ button.
- The TAN status will be displayed on the screen.
The application status shows whether the TAN is already issued or dispatched or if any documents are needed to complete the process of issuing.
How to track TAN Status by SMS or Phone call?
Individuals can also track their TAN status through SMS or phone call. The official numbers are given already. You can call TDS/PAN call center for the numbers 022-27218080 or send an SMS to 57575 as
After sending the message, you will receive the status of TAN on your mobile.
How to apply for TAN?
If you haven’t applied for TAN yet and want it apply, you can either do it through online or through offline. While applying for TAN, the individual need to pay a nominal payment of Rs. 62. The payment can be done through online mode using credit/debit or net banking. If you want to play offline then you can use DD or cheque to do so. Form no. 49B should be used to apply for TAN. The form will be available for download in the official web portal of tin-nsdl.
- Download Form 49B for TAN application. Fill in the application form with appropriate details. Submit the form after which you will receive an acknowledgment screen. It will contain the 14 digits acknowledgment number. Save this number so that it can be used later to track the TAN status online. Take a print out of the acknowledgment form and keep it safe.
- If you want to go with offline payment, then sign this acknowledgment and send it with cheque or DD of Rs. 62. The DD or cheque should be payable at Mumbai in favor of NSDL – TIN and send it to the below address of NSDL:
NSDL eGovernanceInfrastructure Ltd, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot no. 341, Survey no. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chow,
Pune. Pin code: 411 016.
Write on the top of the envelope as ‘APPLICATION FOR TAN – (acknowledgment number).
- If you have gone with online payment send the acknowledgment receipt. Make sure that it reaches NSDL, Pune within 15 days from the date of online application. After the payment and acknowledgment were received, TAN application will be processed.
Individuals who are liable for deducting TDS should mandatorily carry TAN application. Those who are liable, but do not carry the TAN will be imposed with the penalty as well. So, if you haven’t applied for TAN yet even after liable to have one, then hush and apply for the TAN.
Sir my name is Sujoy Das. I applied for a new pan card but my card was returned on 15/03/2017. Because I was not at home at that time. So I requested you to please resend my pan card on the same address.
Details of my pan card
Ack No- 096499700041614
My Pan No- CVTPD0882P
My Date Of Birth- 05/07/1986
My Mobile Number- 9957800199
My name-SUJOY DAS
Father name-SANKAR DAS
VILL-Pub Dhaniram Pather
CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE
WHAT IS THE PRESENT STATUS OF TAN APPLICATION: OF NOMJANG HIGH SCHOOL, PO. MAHUR ASSAM APPLY DATE : 13.07.2019