How to Reset and Change UAN password: If you have forgotten your UAN password then don’t you worry! You can recover it or reset it very easily right from online. We are here today to tell you how to reset and change UAN password when you have your mobile number registered with UAN but have forgotten your UAN password. If you have forgotten your password then you can go for the change of the mobile number with which you have registered in UAN. We have listed out the steps on how to change mobile number in UAN password is forgotten.
Steps to change mobile number in UAN if UAN Password is forgotten
- Go to UAN website of EPF i.e., https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- In the official website, click on Forgot Password.
- Enter your UAN number and Captcha and click on Verify.
- On verifying, your mobile number attached to your UAN will be shown. If you want to change the mobile number, click on NO.
- On clicking No, you will see the screen asking for your Name, Date of birth, Gender, KYC Type, and Document Number. Enter your details. Click on Verify near the Document number.
- On successfully verifying, your password will be changed.
Steps to reset UAN password if mobile number is not changed
In case if your mobile number is not changed and you want to reset UAN password then, you can do so by following the below steps.
- Go visit the EPFO official website.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- It will take you to a new page where you need to enter your UAN number and Captcha and click no Verify.
- On clicking Verify, the mobile number associated with your UAN will be shown. If you want to change the mobile number you can click No.
- After that, click on Get Authorized Pin.
- On clicking it, One Time Password will be sent to your mobile number and you can see the message OTP is successfully sent. If the website fails to send the OTP it will show the window saying Failed to send OTP. Please Try Again Later. Then repeat the above steps again after some time.
- If OTP is sent successfully, you will get the OTP to your registered mobile number. The message would read “Dear Mr. X. Your OTP corresponding to OTP id 6000 is 3937” or something like that. Enter the pin to set a new password for your account. You need to use the pin and not the OTP id.
- In the Enter Authorization Pin field, enter the OTP pin.
- Enter the New Password you want to set. The password should be strong and must contain minimum 7 to maximum 20 characters. Minimum 4 alphabets, minimum 2 digits, 1 special characters, at least one character out of 4 alphabets should be capital and one small letter.
- Retype the same password in the next field and confirm it.
- Recheck the details entered and click on submit.
- On submission, you will see a window saying password successfully changed.
- Now, you can log into UAN New website with UAN number and new password.
How to reset and change UAN password after logging in UAN?
Officially registered employees of UAN can log in to the official website anytime by using the username and password created. We have provided some simple steps on how to reset and change UAN password after logging in UAN. Give a glance!
- Download Passbook/UAN Card.
- List previous member ID/view linking status
- File transfer claim/view transfer claim status/system, Generated transfer claim status
- Edit mobile number/edit email ID/update KYC
- Information/change password/edit personal details
When to set up UAN Password?
If you are new to UAN and were not allotted with a password yet, you can get it without much any hassle. Usually, employees set up UAN password when they register UAN and active it. On receiving the UAN number, you have to log on to the official website i.e., https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. You need to click on Active UAN Based Registration and enter your UAN, mobile number and member ID after which you will receive an authorization PN on your mobile.
How to change UAN Password?
- Go visit the UAN member e-sewa portal.
- Login to UAN portal using your UAN number and password.
- Go to profile tab and click on Change Password option.
- Enter the old password and new password and click on Change password. Make sure to follow the instructions while setting the password.
- That’s it! You will receive the message saying that you have successfully changed your password.
Also, you can get an SMS to your registered mobile number saying that you have successfully changed your password against UAN on UAN member portal.