How to Download Your ITR-V from IT Department Website : Filing Income Tax returns has become very much simple these days for all the tax payers. The Income Tax department has made it easy for all the tax payers to file their income tax returns by introducing the online mode of filing. The users can easily file their IT returns online and send their ITR-V form with their signature to the office in Bengaluru. After submitting your e-filing returns online, you will receive Income Tax Return – Verification form from the income tax department to your registered address via post.
The ITR-V is nothing but an acknowledgment that indicates that your income tax return successfully reached the concerned department. If in case, if you have already submitted an ITR with digital signature, you need not have to send ITR-V. If you don’t have the digital signature, you need to send the ITR-V to the office in Bengaluru in a manual way. Once the officials send you ITR-V to your email, you can sign on it and submit it to the relevant department. In this post, we have come up with a detailed guide that helps the tax payers to download ITR-V from the Income Tax department. Check it out!
Download Your ITR-V from your Email
Here are the simple steps that help the people download ITR-V form from the official web portal of Income Tax department:
- First of all, go to the official website of Income Tax at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
- You need to login using your username and password.
- Just tap on ‘View Returns or Forms’ option that appears on the screen.
- You can check out the e-filed returns if you choose this option.
- Just hit the acknowledgment number in order to download the ITR-V.
- If you are looking to verify your e-filed income tax return, you need to tap the option that says ‘Click here to view your returns pending for e-verification.’
- After tapping on the acknowledgment number, the file download begins.
- After successfully completing the downloading process, you can click to open the ITR-V file.
- In order to open that, you need to have a password.
- The Password in order to open the ITR-V file is your PAN Card number including your date of birth.
- Check out the below example:
- PAN Card Number:CHKKTA4573E
- Date of Birth: 24th October 1993
- Password: chkkta4573e24101993
- After entering the password, just hit the submit button.
- Once the file opens, you can take a print out of the document.
- You need to make your signature on the ITR-V form and send it to the CPC Bengaluru before the last date.
- The tax payers can send the signed document within 120 days from the date of filing your income tax returns online.
Check out the below address to which you need to send the signed Income Tax returns form:
- Income Tax Department CPC,
- Post Box no. 1,
- Electronic City Post Office,
- Bangalore 560100, Karnataka
That’s all! This is the easy process to download ITR-V from the official website.