PAN Card is an essential document for all the citizens of India used for Income Tax purpose. PAN is an acronym of Permanent Account Number that acts as identification for each and every citizen in India. The PAN number comprises of a unique, 10 digit character with alpha-numeric identifier. Under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961, PAN number allotted to the national of India. The Income Tax Department from India issues the Permanent Account Number for all the citizens under the supervision of Central Board for Direct Taxes.
PAN Card also considered as an essential proof of identification. If a person from foreign country has a valid visa, they can get a PAN card. However, that card does not act as the proof of Indian Citizenship for the foreign individuals. In order to handle some financial transactions that include opening a new bank account, get taxable salary, file Income Tax returns, purchase or sell some assets and a lot more. The fundamental use of PAN card is to provide identification to all sorts of financial transactions across the globe and overcome the tax evasion.
Using this card, the people can maintain a track of some essential transactions particularly high value transactions. For each and every individual, PAN card number is unique. Once a PAN Card issued to the user, it is valid for the entire life time of the PAN card holder in India. Once if the citizen issued a PAN card, it does not affect even if there is any change in address.
How to Check PAN Card Status via NSDL & UTI?
In order t identify the tax payers from India, they make use of PAN Card number. Have you applied for PAN card? If not, you can apply it directly just by visiting the official web portal of NSDL or UTI. After applying for a PAN Card, the Income Tax department checks all the details and issues PAN Card to them are some working days. If you want to know the exact date when you receive your new PAN Card, there is a possibility of checking the PAN Card status. The applicants can check the status of the PAN card by visiting the NSDL or UTI websites. In this post, we have included a detailed tutorial to check PAN Card status easily.
Check PAN Card Status via NSDL
Here are the simple steps that help the users to check out the PAN Card status of the applicant using NSDL website:
- First of all, navigate to the official web portal of NSDL.
- Just tap on the option that says ‘PAN Card Status.’
- You need to fill in some essential details in the PAN Application status form.
- The applicant needs to provide the information that includes Application Type, Acknowledgement Number, Name, Category, and Date of Birth of the applicant.
- Once you submit the details, you can see the PAN Card application status appeared on the screen.
- In the option of PAN Card status, you can see the status of when you will receive the PAN card.
That’s all! This is the easy process to check out the status of your PAN Card from the official web portal of NSDL.
Check PAN Status via UTI
Here are the simple steps that help the users to check out the PAN Card status of the applicant from the official web portal of UTI:
- First of all, go to the official web portal of UTI.
- Click on the option of PAN Card Tracking.
- Make sure that you have the Application Coupon Number provided to the applicant at the time of applying for PAN card.
- Just enter the Application Coupon Number in the provided field.
- Hit the submit button so that you can see the current status of your PAN Card with much ease.
- That’s all! This is the simple process to track the status of your PAN card. You can make use of this procedure to track the status of the PAN card anytime without any difficulty.
Get Customer Support
If you face any kind of issues at the time of tracking your PAN Card, you can get instant support from customer support. You can make a call to the Customer support number of NSDL or UTI based on your PAN card provider.