How to reset Income Tax eFiling Login Password through Net Banking? : Income Tax department has provided different options for the users to reset the login password of income tax e-filing from the official web portal of the income tax department. Sometimes, the taxpayers forget their income tax e-filing login password. In such a case, there is a possibility of setting a new password. One of the simplest procedures to reset your income tax e-filing login password is through your net banking. In order to do so, we have come up with a detailed step by step guide that aids the users in setting the login password of income tax e-filing account via net banking with much ease. Check it out!
Here are the easy steps that help the taxpayers to reset their password of Income Tax eFiling login account through net banking.
- First of all, you need to go to the official web portal of income tax department.
- You need to make sure that you have already registered as the user on Income Tax department.
- In order to login into the account of IT department, you need to make use of your user id and password.
- Sometimes, the taxpayers forget their password and enter wrong password.
- In order to reset the password, there are various options available on the website.
- Some of the options include answer secret question, upload DSC, using OTP, using Aadhaar OTP and using net banking.
- In this post, we have included the process to reset the password of your income tax login using your net banking details.
- After navigating to the income tax department web portal’s home page, just click on the button that says ‘Login here’.
- Hit the ‘Forgot password’ link that appears on the screen.
- You need to enter your user’s id and Captcha and hit the continue button.
- After that, tap on ‘e-filing login through net banking’ link.
- You can then choose your bank from the huge list of banks provided below in the e-filing login facility.
- You can then click on the link that says ‘login to IT efiling account’ from the e-filing user dashboard screen.
- You need to change the password from the profile settings tab.
- On the screen, you can see two fields asking you to enter a new password and confirm the password.
This way, you can easily change your password and click on the submit button.
Things to do after Logging with New Password
After successfully logging into your e-filing account using your new password, you need to make sure that you will accomplish some things.
- From the tab of profile settings, you need to click on ‘My details.’
- If there are any changes in your contact details like address, email id, and mobile number, you can easily update your details.
- You can change the data of your PAN using NSDL or UTSL websites.
- The taxpayers can also change their secret question or answer if they do not have an idea about their previous secret question.