Simplest way of Income Tax efiling online | File IT Return Online : Filing Income Tax returns on time is quite important for each and every person who earns more than Rs 5 lakhs as their annual income. Usually, the tax payers need to file their income tax returns online in the month of August every year. Earlier, people used to file their income tax returns offline in a manual way. Later, with the rapid advancement in the technology, people started making use of different online websites to make their transactions and other things. The tax payers need to file their income tax returns online without having to struggle much.
Income Tax efiling online : Check 10 Simple Steps to File IT Return
In order to file the income tax returns, the tax payers need to visit the official web portal of Income Tax department and follow some steps to complete their e-filing process with much ease. If you are new to the online mode of filing returns, we are here to help you in the best way. In this post, we have come up with a detailed yet simple guide that helps the tax payers to file the Income tax returns online in 10 simple steps. Have a look!
10 Easy Steps to File Income Tax Return
Here are the simple steps that let the users to file Income Tax returns online through e-filing account. Check it out!
Step 1: Create new e-filing account
If you are exploring the web to find out the process of filing income tax returns online, you have landed in the right place. You need to follow the steps provided below:
- At first, you need to navigate to the official web portal of Income Tax department at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Just tap on the button that says ‘Register Yourself’ on the web page.
- After redirecting to a new web page, you need to fill all the important details in the provided fields.
- You need to make sure that you have created a new e-filing account on your device. At the time of creation, the tax payers will get a new user id and password.
- You need to login into your e-filing account using the login credentials like user id and password. The user id is your PAN card number.
- After logging into the account, you need enter all the essential details in the provided fields below.
Step 2: Download Form 26AS
- Just tap on the link that says ‘View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)’ from the menu of Quick Link and you need to generate Form 26AS.
- On this form, the tax payers can view different details such as the TDS, Advance tax, Self assessment tax paid by the tax payer and a lot more.
- If you are seeking to open the Form 26AS, you need to enter the password. The password is your date of birth that has its format as ddmmyyyy.
Step 3: Download the Income Tax Return form Online
- You need to download the income tax return form online.
- The individuals who are seeking to file their income tax returns need to download the IT returns form via online.
- After downloading the form via online, you can see the form as zip file.
- You can open the zip file from your device that you have already downloaded on your device.
Step 4: Provide Valid Details in the Income Tax Return form
You need to provide some of the details that include:
- Full Address
- Date of birth
- E-mail ID
- Mobile number
Just provide the details of TDS of the employer and self-assessment tax paid.
You must enter some of your bank details like bank account number, bank account type and IFSC code.
Step 5: Authenticate the Information
- In order to authenticate all your details, you need to simply tap on the button that says ‘Validate’ on the screen.
- This is to signify that all the details that you have provided on the website are absolutely true.
- If in case, if you forget to fill any of the field on the income tax return form, it then prompts you about the missing details on the form.
- Make sure that you fill all the * marked fields in the income tax form.
Step 6: Compute the Tax Liability
- After filling all the details in the apt income tax returns form, you need to tap on the button that says ‘Calculate Tax.’
- You need to tap on that button in order to compute the tax that you need to pay.
- The tax payers need to deposit the amount payable and provide all the details of Challan in the income tax return online form.
Step 7: Create the XML file
After that, you need to hit the button ‘Generate XML’ and you need to save the xml file generated on your PC.
Step 8: Submit e-filing IT Returns
- You need to navigate to the e-filing account on the Income Tax web portal and hit the upload return button.
- Just enter the details such as ITR form, name and assessment year in the provided fields.
- You can then hit the submit button. You will receive the ITR-V to your email id in the income tax returns form.
Step 9: Submit signed ITR-V to the Income Tax Department via Online
- You can then take a print out of the ITR-V and sign on the form.
- You can then send the signed IT returns via speed post to the following address:
Income Tax Department – CPC
Post Bag No – 1
Electronic City Post Office
Bengaluru – 560100
- After that, the tax payers need to submit their signed ITR-V in just 120 days after uploading the income tax return.
Step 10: Get the ITR-V Receipt status via Email ID
After successfully filing your income tax returns online on the official web portal of Income Tax department, you will receive an email to your registered mail id. You can receive the receipt of ITR-V to the registered email id and also receive an SMS to the registered mobile number in order to acknowledge about the successful filing of income tax returns.
These are the simple steps that help the users to easily file their income tax returns online through the e-filing website.
Simplest way of Income Tax efiling online : Income Tax filing is one of the essential things for each and every tax payer. The tax payers can easily file their returns in two different methods. The tax payers can file their income tax returns through the official web portal of the income tax without having to spend a single penny through ITR Java utility or ITR excel utility. The tax payers can download the utilities and file their income tax returns with much ease. Also, there is a possibility of filing the income tax returns offline without having to download the Java utility or the excel utility from the official web portal of income tax. In this post, we have come up with a detailed guide that helps the tax payers to file income tax returns either online or offline. Check it out!
How to File for Income Tax Return online through Income tax efiling website ?
Check out the easy steps that help the users to file their income tax returns online using the Income tax returns java utility or using the ITR excel utility. You need not have to spend money to file your IT returns. The IT software released in two different forms such as excel and Java utility. Filing the Income Tax returns using Java utility is pretty much simple compared to the Excel utility. The users can easily upload their IT returns via Java utility in a simple way.
- First of all, you need to log in onto the official web portal of Income Tax at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Just pick the precise Income Tax Return Form based on the type of your Income.
- You need to download the ITR Java utility or the Excel Utility related to the Income Tax returns form and provide all the essential details in the ITR Java Utility.
- Make sure that you provide all your details in a right way without any mistakes.
- You need to log in onto your account on the official web portal of Income Tax.
- You can then upload the Income Tax Return through the Java utility from your account directly.
- Another process is to create an xml file for the Income Tax Return and upload the file on the official Income Tax website.
- After successfully uploading the e-filing returns, you will get an acknowledgment appeared on the screen.
- The ITR-V generates automatically and sent to the registered email id of the tax payer.
Starting from the assessment year of 2014-15, the Government of India has included the option of Aadhaar Card linkage with the Income Tax returns form. After successfully linking the Aadhaar Card to your ITR-V, you can send the form to the concerned IT department in Bengaluru.
How to File for Income Tax Returns without using ITR Java Utility/ ITR Excel Utility?
You can also file your Income Tax returns without the need of downloading the Income Tax returns Java utility or ITR excel utility. You need to simply login on to the website @ https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and tap on the button that says ‘e-File – Income Tax Return – Prepare and Submit Online.’ You can simply take print out of the acknowledgment form, sign on it and send it to the concerned Income Tax Department. In just 120 days, the processing of Income tax returns completes at the IT department and you can receive an acknowledgment from the department.