How to Get a PAN Card in 48 Hours?
Permanent Account Number, in short, we usually term it as a PAN card is one of the most significant identity documents in the country. A PAN card is issued by the Income-tax Department for a citizen residing in India under the Government of India. This PAN card consists of an alphanumeric code which is issued to all people and entities that come under the Income Tax Act of 1961.
The PAN card aids as an essential entity for all the citizens who make particular financial transactions like filing Income tax Returns, opening a new bank account or Demat account, purchasing a land, property or any vehicle. A PAN card is considered as an essential entity issued by the Income Tax department and it is regarded as a proof of identity for handling various financial transactions in the country. A PAN Card once issued by the Income Tax department will have a lifetime validity of an individual.
Previously, applying for a new PAN card was a quite hectic process and used to take much time to be issued by the Income Tax department and received by the citizen of India. Now, a new process has been rolled out by the Government of India so that the individual need not wait for a long time to get a new PAN card.
This is a fast track process introduced by the government so that all the applicants of PAN card can receive it within 48 hours i.e., 2 days from the time of submitting the application. Here is a detailed step-by-step procedure for all the applicants who are seeking to apply for a PAN card and receive it within 48 hours.
How to Apply and Get a PAN Card in 48 Hours?
Usually, when a candidate fills in all the essential details in the PAN Card application form and submits it to the concerned department, it takes about 15 to 20 days for the processing and issuing the PAN card to the applicant.
We have come up with a detailed guide that helps the citizens of India apply for a PAN card and get it within 48 hours of time. Here’s the procedure:
- First of all, navigate to the official website of NSDL and choose the correct application form from various forms on the home page.
- Read all the guidelines carefully and choose the type of form you wish to apply.
- There are two types of PAN card application forms that include with or without Digital Signature Certificate.
- Once you select the type of application form, start to enter all essential details in the form.
- Upon completing the process of filling the application form, you need to submit essential documents by uploading them along with the application form.
- Soon after submitting the form alongside relevant documents, you will get an acknowledgment receipt that can be used for tracking the status of your PAN card application.
- After processing, the Income Tax department will issue the PAN card and the applicant will receive it via registered post directly to the address of applicant.
Details Included in a PAN Card
A PAN card usually includes the following details of the applicant residing in India:
- A PAN card is a 10 digit character that comprises of alphanumeric characters, such as 5 alphabets following 4 numbers and finally ends with an alphabet.
- A PAN card is a photo identity document that comprises of all essential details regarding the applicant such as the following:
- Full Name of the PAN Card holder
- Date of Birth
- PAN number issued by the Income Tax Department
- Also, the PAN card consists of the date on which it was issued.
How to Get a PAN Card in 48 Hours?
- A PAN card is usually issued by the Income Tax Department of India when the applicant submits all the essential documents including the application form.
- The applicant must include all necessary details in the application form like the name of the applicant, address, date of birth and other essential credentials.
- The process of applying for a PAN Card can be done in two ways i.e., either online or offline.
- The individuals can apply online by visiting the official website of NSDL. Fill in all details and upload necessary documents and submit online.
- If the applicants wish to apply using offline process, you need to download the application form from the NSDL website.
- Fill in all details and submit it at relevant PAN Service center near your residence in India.
That’s it! This is the simple process to apply and get PAN card in 48 hours.