How to Get Duplicate PAN Card| Reprint PAN Card: At present day time, PAN card plays a key role. It is not possible to get the work done without PAN, especially for the taxpayers of the country. It is way too difficult to handle tasks that require PAN majorly if the PAN is not there. If you have lost the PAN card you must know the pain. It is literally frustrating to lose the PAN card, which is the most important document in tax paying. It is impossible to perform high-end transactions without the card. It comes to use in many situations.
If you have lost your PAN card and are worried how to get the duplicate PAN Card, then no need to worry! We are here to tell you that there is no need to worry about the lost PAN card because the government has simplified the procedure to get duplicate PAN card. You can now get a duplicate PAN card in no time.
Keep your PAN number with you
It is very important to remember the PAN number as it is what will help you fetch a duplicate PAN card. As PAN is a unique number, it cannot be changed. So, you need to have your PAN number with you and you need to enter it on the application while applying for duplicate PAN card. If in case you don’t remember your PAN number, you need not fret as it is very easy to retrieve it. You can just go to the official PAN page and click on Know Your PAN, fill in the details like date of birth, surname, middle name, first name, and Captcha code and submit to get the PAN number.
What to do if PAN Card is lost?
As PAN card is very important, it should be kept safe always, but in case if you have lost it then you need to make sure to lodge a complaint first. You can visit the nearest PS and report that your PAN was lost. You need to get a FIR receipt so that you can use it as a reference while applying for a duplicate copy. Also, you need to get acknowledgment receipt to avoid misuse of the card by the one who gets your card and also save yourself from getting pointed out for the unfortunate misuse happened if any. After performing both the steps, you need to write a letter to the Income Tax Department requesting them to issue a duplicate PAN card. You need to mention all the details about the lost PAN card and also attest the copy of FIR to ensure the loss.
Apply Online or Offline for Duplicate PAN Card
We have listed out simple steps on how to apply for duplicate PAN Card online. You can either download the Form 49 from the official web portal or can use the online mode to apply.
- If you are to fill the online application, go to the official web portal and click on Form 49.
- Input your details and attest ID proof, address proof, complaint copy while submitting the PAN application.
- Submit the application form along with the docs at the nearest PAN center. You can find the nearest PAN Centre through online. Just enter your state and district to find the nearest PAN center.
What to do after filling the form?
- After you are done with filling the form, you will be navigated to the payment window. After you are done with the payment, you will need to take a printout of the acknowledgment receipt and send it to the address below within 15 days of filling the form.
National Securities Depository Limited,
3rd Floor, Sapphire Chambers,
Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner,
Pune – 411045.
- The hard copy of the receipt/acknowledgment should be attested with FIR, passport size photo, valid address proof, identity proof, and PAN proof.
- You need to keep a copy of the acknowledgment receipt with you for reference.
Points to remember
- While sending the application for duplicate PAN offline make sure to write “APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST- Acknowledgment Number” on the envelope, before sending it to the NSDL.
- If you did not get your PAN card within a couple of weeks of application submission, then check your PAN card status. You can fetch the PAN card status by entering the acknowledgment receipt number on the page.
- Soon after 24 hours of submission of your PAN application form, start checking your PAN application status. This will help you find out the exact status of your PAN and how long it will take for the process to end.
So, if you have lost your PAN, make sure to follow the easy procedure we have mentioned above without any worry.